Tuesday, April 30, 2013

5 Hour v. 6 Hour

I'm not a coffee drinker.  It's not that I don't enjoy the flavor, I do.  It's just that I don't have the patience to wait for hot drinks to cool down so I can drink them without burning the heck out of my tongue.

I do drink unsweet iced tea, but that doesn't really pack much of a caffeine punch.  So, on days where I find myself needing a bit of a pick me up, I've been known to turn to the Five Hour Energy Drink.  Grape Flavor.

I like this little drink, mainly because it is a little drink.  I don't have to put a bunch of liquid in my body, and it usually does the trick quickly.  The grape flavor doesn't make me want to vomit, and hey, there's no sugar, so it fits into my oh so healthy lifestyle.

Let me introduce you to my little friend:



Notice the calm mountains on the bottle, the healthy looking bunch of grapes, and the simplistic words on the bottle. 

And remember this phrase:  If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Now, let me tell you how Steven tried to kill me this past weekend. 

Sir brought home the generic Food Lion equivalent of the 5 Hour Energy Drink.  It is, creatively called, the 6 Hour Energy Drink.  Because, you know we all need that extra hour.  Anyway.... meet my nemesis:


EXTREME ENERGY!  World's most extreme!  Flames!  Feel the Rush!  Works Blazing Fast!  WOW, huh?  Wow, no.  No bunch of grapes.  No peaceful mountains.  I should have known.

First of all, it tasted like evil ick.  Seriously, it was like Robitussin on Crack.  BLECH.  I hate to appear ungrateful, but I just couldn't imagine why he brought me this one (in a double pack) home to me. 

And then this happened:

hives  (hvz)
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
A skin condition characterized by intensely itching welts and caused by an allergic reaction to internal or external agents, an infection, or a nervous condition. Also called nettle rash, urticaria.
 
And that ↑ was the color of my skin, the elevated very itchy skin.  My body did NOT like the 6 Hour Energy Shot, and it did NOT enjoy the rush.  I could have gone all my life without that extra hour.
 
 
 
 Go for the Grape.
 
 

1 comment:

sherri s. said...

Oh no, not HIVES! I hate them--I used to get them for no apparent reason, and they're agonizing: you itch from the inside out! Poor you. I have never had one of those energy drinks...coffee and tea addict here.