Friday, December 6, 2013

And on the Flip Side---


This is as close as I got to the Arnold Gobble Gobble Race. 

I was sick as a dog the whole week. Cough Cough.  Hack Hack.  Wet the pants.  Cough Cough. 

I kept everyone awake with that cough. 

I was too sick to run in that 25 degree weather. 

However, Sir and the Jackson's made it and Sir was 15th in his age group.  (NO idea how many were in that age group)

I was very disappointed to miss the race and to sound like a sick frog at the wedding.

Although the wedding and seeing our friends was awesome, frankly, the rest of the week stunk.  Some of the highlights?  (lowlights)

1.  I hit a parked car.
2.  Steven's mother had emergency surgery. 
3.  Taylor's grandmother (on her dad's side) died on Thanksgiving evening.
4.  I couldn't taste food or enjoy any wine while in my favorite food city.


I WILL get another race on the books.  I need one with a really dumb name and tshirt.  

1 comment:

sherri s. said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry...what a bummer, after all of your training. Boo! Sorry you were sick, too; this is a crappy time of year to feel crappy. Here's to the next race!

And WTH are those numbers in the "I'm not a robot" pic?!?