Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Days???!!!!





It's 10 days until Christmas. When did that happen? I was doing some shopping today and realized I was wearing flip flops. Flip flops in December! Granted, I've lived in the south for almost 20 years, but I still can't get used to that. I do miss the cold and the snow, it just helps make things more festive.
By the way, this blog is dedicated to Johnny: (have a GREAT time in England! We will miss you guys!)
I'm not feeling "Christmasy" yet. This time of year is always a challenge for me. My mother passed away on December 22, and that tends to color any type of Christmas celebration. I still miss my parents, and miss spending the holidays with my grandparents and brothers. Christmas is just different!
But, I do love Christmas and the efforts everyone makes. I love getting (and sending!) Christmas cards. I love getting pictures of children, and seeing how much they've grown in a year. I went to see "Annie" the other night, and the gasps of the children in the audience were heartwarming. It's just a happy time of year. I have to remind myself of this in the midst of all the shopping and sending stress.
One of the best things about Christmas is that my friends and I will get to spend some time together. Mike and Tracy moved to Oklahoma 18 months ago, and they will be getting to town on Saturday. I look forward to chilling on the couch with Tracy and catching up on our lives.

Tracy brings along that husband of hers. :-) Mike is a total nut and I won't get relaxing chill time with him around, but we will get plenty of laughs and giggles. I can't wait for the mountain trip for New Years Eve!

Totally off topic: we went to a baby shower for Larry and Mary this weekend. Mary is adorable and will be such a great mother. That baby is so lucky to have them as parents.

No comments: