Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Days

Prior to the long holiday weekend, it seemed that everyone I knew was having a rough time. Friends at work had a death in the family. Another friend's grandmother suffered a massive stroke. Another friend was faced with her first holiday as a divorced woman. Dealing with the great amount of sadness was draining.
Then, Thanksgiving arrived. I don't know if it was coincedence, or the tables finally turning upright again, but Saturday was a blessed day. Our friends, Rachel and Darragh were married on Saturday. Congratulations to them! It was a joy to spend the day with our friends and celebrate their union. They are two of the nicest people, and there's nothing better than seeing that look of happiness on faces as they marry.
And, in the midst of all this joy, I was told that CiCi and Christer are having twins! Congrats to them as well. Two pieces of happy happy news. I know I'm a grown up, and I've been one for a good while now, but it's still so exciting to me to watch all my friends marry, have children, create their own families. As we were sitting in the church, there was something very special about seeing everyone dressed nicely, going to communion, and all because we were there to tell our friends that we support their marriage and their future. I think that is one of the main reasons I always enjoy weddings. All these people come together for one purpose; to celebrate two people and their love. Sigh. :-)
Now, if only I could get started on my Christmas shopping!!

1 comment:

Dusti said...

Your post is uplifting and so true!