Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some More Favorites, Some Pet Peeves and a Shopping Update



I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas Special every year when I was younger. It remains my favorite of the animated specials. I love when Snoopy boos Charlie Brown and gets caught. I bought the CD so I could listen to the music. My favorite part is when Linus makes his speech in the school auditorium. His lisp, as he recites the bible passage is precious.




I love Christmas lights on people's houses. I don't care if they are minimal or extravagant, I just love the festive look of the lights. I think I prefer the colored lights to the white ones, but that will probably change next year.



I DON'T like wrapping gifts. I hate cutting the paper, trying to size it, etc, etc. My back always hurts after I do it. I hate picking up the mess afterward. And, as I wrap, I begin to freak out that I've forgotten someone, or haven't bought enough presents.



I do like buying stocking stuffers. I mean, a girl has to help out Santa Claus. I always buy toothbrushes. This is a tradition passed down from my grandmother. She also used to put Stridex in our stockings, and wrap laundry detergent. At least she made the necessities fun? :-)



I love seeing Christmas preparations on my soap opera. (All My Children) I feel like a part of their Christmas celebration. I like when regular series have Christmas specials. I like it when they play all the Christmas episodes the week of Christmas.




I am really sick of the Christmas commercials. As I previously mentioned, the Ferrero Rocher one is going to be the death of me. I am also REAL tired of the clay-mation Alltel guys. I couldn't stand the real ones, much less these clay dudes. Anything to do with kids and toys is getting stale. Oh, I really don't like the WalMart ad where they play a song with their checkout lights. Yeah, right. They never have that many checkout lanes open.




My favorite Christmas Carols: Lullay thou Little Tiny Child, The Holly and the Ivy, Silent Night, The First Noel, Mary, Did You Know? this song by Sting, something about angels. Ugh, I'll have to look for it. It might have the word GABRIEL in it. Ah! I found it. I'll try to put a link on this.
I don't think you can click on here directly, but here it is:
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING UPDATE (8 DAYS TO GO): I'm doing pretty good, but having a bit of a panic thinking I didn't buy enough. I think I have one day left of finishing, but knowing how I do things, I'll probably end up going out a few more times. I'm ready for New Years and the mountains!




No comments: