Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Weekend that Was







Well, we made it. What a crazy weekend it was. I am still pooped from the trip to Mississippi. Now, I'm pooped from the big Graduation Weekend. I need a vacation. Hey! Luckily, I have one planned for next week. Funny how it all works out, eh?


Our weekend began when our dear friends, the Jackson's, arrived from St. Louis. I don't have much family, so I really count on my friends to serve as my surrogate family members during important occasions. They didn't fail me. Mike, Rose and Angela came out and made the weekend so fun and so special. They are truly the nicest people on earth, and make everything better. (kind of like cake icing, butter on popcorn, or rain on a Saturday morning.) Thank you to them for all the support and help they gave us, and for coming out to celebrate with us! Here they are (with Steven) at the beach on Day One:


We celebrated Steven's 41st (what a baby) birthday at our favorite Irish Pub, Madra Rua. So many of our dear friends came to celebrate with us, it was so nice. After the pub, we opened gifts and had some cake at the homestead. Little Stevie McCabe loved his cake.

That locker had a "yearbook" and stickers inside of it. Great fun for the silly adults in the crowd.
Saturday was Graduation Day. Since Taylor graduated a year early, I knew a total of four kids in her graduating class. (including her) Even so, I found myself with a big lump in my throat as they all processed into the coliseum. And, I'm always amazed that as they sit down, they immediately start looking around for Mom and Dad. I think I was most teary-eyed when they said the last person's name, and the kids all anticipated getting to turn their tassels. In that moment, all things are possible, you know?
I have to apologize for the following picture. I have no idea what is going on with my chest, but man oh man, I am looking crooked. I digress, here we are, in a very proud moment:

After the Saturday festivities came the Sunday party. My friend, Laura's son, Layne, also graduated this year. Thus, we had a combined party for Layne and Taylor. It was great fun, and I'm sure another blog is forthcoming about that specifically. For the time being, here's a pic of us all at the Graduation Luau.
Everything was crazy busy and each minute was jam packed with activity. But, I did have time to be thankful for so many good friends and a wonderful family. Our friends were so generous to Steven and to Taylor. I feel truly blessed.
Aloha until next time!


3 comments:

angie128 said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! Congrats to Taylor!

mel said...

You have such a fun life!

sherri s. said...

What a gorgeous girl, wow! Good genes! Congrats to you all.