Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Darn Good Thursday Night


Ahhhhhhhhh. This is how I like to end my workday and begin my evening. When I come home from work, I head to the the bathtub, pour in some bubbles (My favorite is Kiss My Face - Peaceful Patchouli) and do a crossword. (in pencil, Angie) There are some nights the cats will join me. (not IN the tub, mind you, but next to it.)

Once I've left the watery bliss, I get my computer, something to drink, and plant myself on the couch. I usually begin the evening with a re-run of Beverly Hills 90210. We've probably seen every episode close to 100 times, and I'm not exaggerating. Yet, we continue to watch as if we have no idea who Donna will marry!

As I sit on the couch, I always have company.
If I should get up for any reason, she steals my spot.
How can I move that little curled up ball?

Sometimes, Steven will sit out here with me. More often than not, he is working on some photos on his computer. Right now, I'm hearing Tina Turner come from his room. Tonight, the ipod is on Shuffle, so no telling what the next song will be. Such an adventure on Bronwen Court!
After blogging, facebooking and catching up on the news of the world, I'll turn on another re-run and chill. I love any kind of Law and Order. My favorite is Criminal Intent, but SVU certainly makes me smile. (I can't wait to find out what happens to that co-ed!)
I love Thursday nights, they're so relaxing. The weekend is just around the corner, holding so much possibility. So, after all this hard work I've done this evening, I'll now go do my FAVORITE thing. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

3 comments:

angie128 said...

Nice! I may have relaxed a little just reading it.

Sweeeeeeeet puppy on the couch!

I cannot stand the feeling of writing with pencil on newsprint. YUK!!

JuJu said...

Oh Angie, I can't stand the pencil on newspaper feeling either! I do crosswords in a book. I used to do the newspaper one daily, but since we don't get the paper anymore, I've switched to books!

sherri s. said...

Oh, that dog face!!!! Tallulah ALWAYS gets up on the couch when my husband leaves the room (not me, but always his spot!). And yes, 90210 reruns...I don't get them on any channel (don't get the Soap network, sadly). I love them...Donna Martin Graduates!