Friday, August 7, 2009

Randomly Friday

Just a few thoughts that have been up in my brain this week:

  • I've been applying mascara for close to 32 years, give or take a few years. And, I don't think I've found one, yet, that lengthens my lashes. I've tried just about every brand. I keep going back to the Maybelline one with the pink body and green lid. Curved brush.


  • I'm currently watching one of my all time favorite Seinfeld episodes. It is, "The Boyfriend." In it, Jerry is hanging out with Keith Hernandez, George is trying to scam the unemployment office (Van De Lay Industries), Kramer and Newman re-tell their Keith Hernandez experience, and Elaine ends up dating Keith Hernandez until she discovers he smokes. CLASSIC.





  • We have a big old banana spider in our back yard right now. I am amazed at the size of the web she has spun. This lady puts me to shame.


  • Taylor starts college in 17 days.


  • I'm excited to see "Julie & Julia." I love the idea that it all started from a blog. Another blog that would make a great movie is Pioneer Woman. I hope someone will do that, although I can't imagine any actress being able to catch the spirit of Ree.



  • How good looking is Robert Redford in "The Sting?" Man, I used to have the biggest crush on him. Yowza.




  • I love the look of those red Dell mini laptops. I think it would fit in nicely with my current red phase.





  • I miss reading "The Far Side" on a daily basis. My favorite is the kid at the gifted school pushing the door when it clearly says, "Pull."



  • When I was in college, there was a bar on campus called, "The Shack." (It was the only place that would serve underage folks) It was a nasty little hole in the wall. They served one food item: pumpernickel bagels with cream cheese, and a pickle on the side. What I wouldn't give for one of those right now.


  • I wish I knew how to pick a good wine, and that I could learn to enjoy red wine.


  • Robert Redford also looked pretty hot in "The Way We Were." But, I didn't care for that movie. But oh, when he wears that turtleneck---YOWZA.





  • John Hughes sure made some great movies. Sixteen Candles and Uncle Buck are in my top 10 of all time movies.



  • I'm really into Nick Drake right now.



  • Which one of the Jonas Brothers is supposed to be the cute one?





  • I love twinkle lights.


  • If you ever want to watch a sweet movie, check out, "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont." It is priceless.


  • I bought three new books today: Picking Cotton, Comfort Food, and Julie & Julia. I felt like a kid in the candy shop at Barnes and Noble.


  • I've never seen Pretty Woman.


  • Come to think of it, Robert Redford just looks good. Y O W Z A. Happy Friday!

6 comments:

mel said...

Do you know he just remarried? I think he is 72, been with the woman for many years. Unmarried all these years and neither of us got him.....

angie128 said...

I too love Seinfeld. And I own several seasons on DVD. Which is weird because I usually don't buy movies. But I also bought Ferris Bueller's Day Off because it is one of my favorite movies of all time. And it's one of those John Hughes movies.

I think all three Jonas brothers are cute. But according to my tween daughter, Nick is her fave. He's the young one.

angie128 said...

PS - Robert Redford is hawt!

Libby Buttons said...

I also love twinkle lights. None of the Jonas bros are cute but Disney invented them so they sell. A friend once said to me "Brad Pitt looks exactly like the young Robert Redford". She is no longer my friend.
U R so Funny!

DarLie

sherri s. said...

JuJu, you crack me UP! Amen, sister, to the mascara thing--what's up with all the different kinds now, including vibrating brushes? Um, no. I just saw that Seinfeld, too; we've been watching them instead of the depressing 11:00 newcasts. And you'll love Julie and Julia--it brought tears to my eyes several times. (Jonas Bros., ick--but which Hardy Boy did you like better, Parker Stevenson or Sean Cassidy? I liked Parker, although his eyes are too close together, really).

JuJu said...

Oh Sherri! I was totally all about Parker Stevenson. Shaun Cassidy was a ripoff of my original true love: David Cassidy.
I loved that man and his shag hairdo.