Sunday, August 23, 2009

Worlds Colliding





For the past six years, my brother and his family have come to South Carolina for their vacation. They rent a house at the beach and we spend the week digging holes, drinking margaritas and catching up on our lives. I get to spend time with my nephews and Taylor gets to be around family.
We have discovered that we all have a mutual love of margaritas, thus the picture.



This summer, the Beach time coincided with the English surprise. (see previous post) I had no idea how this would play out, as we'd be throwing all different kinds of people together. But, I discovered when you add a lovely beachfront home, good food, Wii games and sunshine, you get a great time out of the deal, no matter who the people are.

There were games of Bocce Ball, boogie boarding, book reading, sunburns, burned feet and bug bites. We sat on the porch that overlooked the water, and just chilled. We laughed as my nephews told us tales. We had a Wii bowling tournament, in which everyone participated. (Taylor was the ultimate winner, congrats to her!) My sister in law made some wonderful spicy shrimp and we enjoyed margaritas with the shrimp.



We did find time twice during the week to venture out to eat at Mellow Mushroom. Man, they have the best pizza.

And, I love being able to see my kid(s) spend time with their cousins.


This year was extra special, as we were able to spend time with family AND friends at the same time. I think we've begun a new family tradition! (Who wants a margarita?!)

No comments: