Monday, September 3, 2012

End of Summer

I love Labor Day Weekend.

Not only do I love the three day weekend, but I'm so happy that it signals the end of HOT temperatures.  It means cooler days are on their way. 

As I've said a million times before, I hate to sweat.  I hate to be hot.  So, the end of summer is okay with me.  Open windows are right around the corner.  Boot weather is starting to whisper my name!

Although, I will miss things like seeing Fort Sumter from the comfort of Mike and Tracy's boat.




and watching dolphins in the water surrounded by gorgeous clouds...




I like how we celebrate the end of summer with friends, family and food.  Those are my three favorite things.




Speaking of food, check out these cookies.  They are seriously the most beautiful cookies I have ever seen.  They are homemade!  She used cinnamon and vanilla pudding in them.  Please remember that I'm dieting, but I did have to taste these bad boys.  One word:  DELISH.




And how great is a cookout?  Especially if you're not the one cooking? I do love me a bratwurst.  Brats always remind me of my mom for some really weird reason.  But, the good thing about living in this hot part of the world is that we can cook out all year long. 




So, here's to Summer 2012 and all the happiness and chafing it brought to me! See ya next year.



2 comments:

Colleen said...

Its only going to be in the 80's all week! Bring on the sweaters!

The brats look great by the way!

Grandma K said...

Looks great!! The cookies sound fabulous.

I am jealous of open window weather. That just doesn't really happen here - hence the picture window in the den when we replaced the old ones - it is never opened anyway! I am green with envy!! And boots?? That's just too much.