Monday, March 23, 2009

ONIONS RULE!



I had the BEST hamburger tonight; kudos to Pioneer Woman (http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/) for the great recipe. It was yummy and had blue cheese and caramelized onions on top. I wanted to eat the entire pan of onions. Out of respect for my digestive tract, I didn't. It did, however, get me thinking about how much I love this little veggie.


I love a red onion on a tuna sandwich with a bit of mayo.


I love it on a burger with any kind of cheese.


I love an onion RING.


I love French Onion Soup, extra cheese and a big hunk of bread, please!


I love onions and garlic cooked in anything. (well, maybe not cake---)


I love green onions chopped up and adorning the top of my chili.


Chop em up ad put them in my salsa or any kind of dip. (especially the one with CREAM CHEESE, artichokes, green chiles, mayo and Parmesan cheese)


Slice some up and toss them with some lettuce, mozzarella cheese and homemade Ranch dressing, to make a Funky Salad.


I used to eat Wild Onions as a kid. I'd be playing outside, smell those suckers and pull them right out of the ground and eat them. To be honest, I don't think I'd do that nowadays.
I once read that Clark Gable loved onions so much that he would eat them as one would an apple. Now, I do think that's going a bit overboard, but then again, I've never tried it???
Okay, better go find me some gum to cover up this onion breath---


1 comment:

Mary said...

love it! and man i wanted to try that burger! soon griff will be able to handle onions, right??