Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Made Me MADness




You know, Monday's, all by themselves, are bad enough. But, start a Monday off with a bit of rage, and it makes for a very long week.


I saw this sign on a back of a truck today.













This really set me off. I looked at this sticker and it just made me so mad. It sounds like such a "cute little title." I'm a DUCKAHOLIC!! Quack Quack.




I don't find it cute. Why don't you have the nerve to post a sticker that says the truth: I KILL DUCKS. I don't like the idea of hunting or shooting any animal for sport. (Arm the animals and then I'll re-visit the idea) I don't understand it. I could never do it. But, if someone were to put THAT as a sticker on the back of their truck, at least I could respect that they were saying it AS IT IS. "I like to take my gun, shoot a defenseless animal, and high five my friends after my success!" Now, that's a sticker for a car somewhere. I just didn't like that sticker one bit. It "stuck" with me all day, and obviously hit a nerve.
I know this makes me a left-winged-liberal-treehugging-kind of gal, but I guess that's how it is. I'm sure some folks find ducks annoying. I know they tend to poop a lot. I don't enjoy duck poop, but then again, I don't really enjoy anyone or anything's poop. I do enjoy seeing the ducks at our duck pond near work, and I love watching them as a community. I like watching them curl up and nap. I love how the mom and the babies stick together.
Shooting ducks just doesn't tickle my funny bone. Quack on that.














No comments: