Sunday, March 29, 2009

Daydreaming, Realistically









When I was younger, I used to lie in bed at night and spin magical tales for myself. They usually involved a boy, and me being the smartest, funniest girl and said boy falling for me.







Although, I still play this game a bit, my wish list has changed quite a bit over the years. When I lie in bed and fantasize (ahem, in a CLEAN manner) I think about all sorts of things. Like, I really want this house. It's an old duplex that's been flipped and has so much character. It's within walking distance to our favorite pub and two minutes from work. I just think it is the cutest place in the world. The inside is even cooler. And, Rockett would love to look out those windows all day. The cats could sun themselves, and I could snoop easily!



Look at this hunk of junk, eh? I'm not a dressy-up-kinda-gal, and I don't really crave big jewels, but I do love this ring. I have big fingers, so I think I would need a BIG diamond on my hand to set things off in correct proportions? I love how the setting looks a bit vintage. For that matter, I could easily enjoy a vintage ring. After all, diamonds ARE forever.


I wish we had more authentic Italian restaurants in Charleston. In that vein, please bring a Jack in the Box to Goose Creek. I need some fried tacos.


I wish I worked 4 day weeks and had 3 day weekends.


I wish Roseanne reruns still aired every day.


I'd really like a big comfy recliner, but I respect Steven's fear of them.


I hope to see some more concerts in my lifetime, specifically Bruce Springsteen, U2, Annie Lennox, Sting, and many more JLs and DMBs. I hope to keep finding new artists on Satellite Radio and enjoying them live. I wish I had seen Earth Wind and Fire in their heyday.


I'd like a big old bathroom.


I hope I beat Steven at Scrabble tonight.


How about one week where everyone comes to work and no major crisis occurs?


I'd love to see my brother's baseball team get to the College World Series. And then win.


OH! I'd like to see Kendall and Ryan (from my soap opera) destroyed in some painful manner.


Strongbow on tap somewhere in SC?


Oh, and best of all, a huge yard that I can fill with these:






No comments: