Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Weekend In a Nutshell

My weekend was here, there and everywhere. I'm a little tired, so the thought of creating paragraphs is a bit daunting right now. Please excuse the bullets and lack of continuity!



  • We went to a wedding on Saturday, that could only be described as lovely. The bride and groom are young, beautiful, smart, kind, and have their whole life ahead of them. They married at an old plantation home, surrounded by mature oak trees, a corn field, and some noisy crickets. It was just lovely.

  • Steven was the photographer for the wedding. It is so wonderful to watch him work in this situation. He was all over the place taking pictures; he said he took close to 2000 pictures between the rehearsal and the wedding. (This means many nights of editing, which means many nights of blogging for me!) I'm very proud of him and the gift he can give to others on their special day.

  • We stayed at the Hampton Inn. I love the Hampton Inn. They always have a shower curtain that makes the bath/shower area feel larger than it really is. For a claustrophobic like me, this is a great thing.

  • Steven got a new tattoo this weekend. Last year, he shot a wedding and payment was a tattoo instead of cash-ola. So, he finally was "paid" this weekend. We were at the shop for five hours and it was finished fifteen minutes before Steven was due to be taking pictures. My stress level was through the roof. But, the tattoo looks great, and we made it there on time. Whew!

  • I'm always so glad to get back home from a road trip. I love my bed and I love a Sunday afternoon nap. (or any day's nap, for that matter!!)

  • I'm so darn excited about this week: NOTHING IS PLANNED. There are no hair appointments, nail appointments, doctor's appointments, funerals, weddings, vet visits, mid-week dinner outings, or anything else!!! The weekend is another story (more on that later---) but for now, the week is fancy freeeeeeee!

  • I want another tattoo. Seeing Steven get one just makes me hanker for one! I know what I want (my kid's names) so now it's just doing it. Oh, and the time and the money.

  • I met a really nice older lady at the wedding. She was leaving and I assisted her to her car. She called me her angel. I told her that I thought she was mine. I do love older people.

  • It was so hot at the wedding. (think outdoor wedding in late July in the south) I was running around helping Steven with photos, wearing an uncomfortable dress, sweating, thighs chafing and flat out miserable. After the wedding, I had a very cold beer, and it was honestly the best tasting beer I'd had in a long time. I also had the best shower ever, following the night's activities. I love experiencing "BESTS."

  • I'm very happy to be home, sitting on my couch, listening to Law and Order, Steven playing chess next to me, and all the animals content.

Life is good.



3 comments:

sherri s. said...

Hey, Juju! I SO know what you mean about sometimes a cold beer is, at that moment, THE best thing ever. Yum! I'm not ignoring your fun tag; I've just had a crazy week with work and a friend in town to attend Comic-Con with my husband...I could barely find the energy to put up a photo last week, let alone engage my feeble brain! But I shall...

mel said...

He's a football fan! Manchester United. What other tattoos do you have? Do a blog on that. Does it hurt?

JuJu said...

Mel, what a wonderful idea. Thank you so much! I have my next post now.
Yes, Steven is a tried and true ManU fan. Are you a football fan as well??