Sunday, July 12, 2009

Under Cover

I've decided I do not like the "under cover" plot device. I've watched many a show where the main character goes undercover to solve a mystery, a crime, or whatnot. I never enjoy these episodes, even during my favorite show, "Law and Order: Criminal Intent."

These shows stress me out, as the main character always ends up in danger, or doing something evil. Their "real" friends are concerned, as they think something has gone awry. They people they're trying to fool always catch on at a critical moment. When drugs are involved, it seems the person always ends up on drugs!! Everyone is stressed. This stresses me.

I especially hate the story lines when someone pretends to be crazy to go into an insane asylum to solve the crime. They are just one step away from being put there permanently. What if it doesn't work out? What if they forget about their cohort being undercover and leave them there? It give me an elevated heart beat just thinking about it.

It's just too stressful for me to watch. I have enough of that in my own life, thank you very much!!!

I'll just change the channel to Top Model. That doesn't stress me at all. :-)

1 comment:

mel said...

Thank you! Some of these shows just terrify me. And here is what I want to know. Why do people always check out the scary noise?? Run, people!!