Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Saturday to Me!



Hello Everybody!  I am 46 today.  How about them apples?  I don't feel any different than I did yesterday, but I'll let you know if that changes by the end of the day.  We are going to celebrate with friends, planning to eat some yummy oysters at Pearlz.  I'm hoping for some blog fodder!

Yesterday, I heard a song on the radio that made me want to sing at the top of my lungs.  Do you have songs that make you feel that way?  Sometimes, it's entire CD's.  (or as I still think of them, "albums.")   Thety aren't usually my favorite artists, as I'd rather hear them sing.  But, something about these songs makes me want to warble.  Here's some of my "top of the lung" faves:

The one I heard yesterday was Billy Joel's, "Big Shot."  (oh no no no you had to be a BIG SHOT din't you...)  Actually, that entire album (52nd Street) makes me want to sing.  You've got, "Rosalinda's Eyes," and "Until the Night."  Awesome!

Les Miserable Soundtrack - I can go from Fontene to Eponine in one flick of the button.  And, I do a great Jean Val Jean.  "2 4 6 0 1!!!!"

Heart - Straight On or Crazy.  These two have long been faves.  I remember pretending to be Nancy Wilson and singing into house plant as my microphone.  (It was a tall plant...)  I've even been known to do some Mick Jaggerish type strut at the start of Straight On.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Of course.  It's not even original anymore after Wayne's World, but I actually remember having the 45 when I was younger. 

ANY LINDA RONSTADT SONG. 

Elton John - Saturday!  Saturday!  Saturday! Saturday!!!!

Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces.  That part where she tells about her mama being a young girl and leaving home gets me every time!

George Michael -The FAITH album.  I can sing this sucker from beginning to end, and then go back and do it again. 

Anything by the Guess Who, Three Dog Night, or older Chicago.

"Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band.  One Hit Wonder baby.

"Best of My Love" by the Emotions.

Gladys Knight & the Pips - Midnight Train, You're the Best Thing, Neither one of us want to be the first to say goodbye...  I always sing the PIP part. 

Me and Mrs. Jones, Float On, She Used to be My Girl, Billy, Don't Be A Hero, Any Michael Jackson song, Any John Denver song, Shake Your Groove Thing,

The only problem with this list is that if they come on the radio, then the folks in the cars next to me are going to get quite a show!   No head banging, but I do put some emotion into it!

What are some of your ditties??

4 comments:

angie128 said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope it was a great day!

~Easy said...

I did several posts in this vein, but the two that most closely tie in with yours are these:
Musicology III

Musicology V

mel said...

Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot....Fire away!

Elton John - Title? Sat on the roof and kicked off the moss, a few of the verses, well, they've got me quite crossed, anyway, the thing is, what I really mean, yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.

Billy Joel - Only the good die young.

Meatloaf - Title..Dashboard lights? will you make me so happy for the rest of my life? will you take me away? will you make me your wife? I gotta know right now! Will you love me forever?

Billy Joel - title? Catholic girls grow up much too late...

Sherri said...

OMG! We're the exact same age, Juju...and Billy Joel was the first concert I ever went to...too funny!!! Happy belated birthday, girlie! I have a few months on you...