Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh Tuesday!

My day started with the discovery that I FedExed a package to myself.  So, basically, a bunch of checks and some paperwork took a trip to Memphis (Hi Angie) and back, instead of going to our Columbia office.  I is stoopid.  I've been sending this FedEx for over 15 years, so it's not like this is a new thing for me....

My shoes were too tight.  ALL. DAY.  LONG.

When it got to be 1:30, I was convinced I would fall asleep right there at my desk.  That meant the next four  hours were really really long.

I've done something to my back so that the only way I'm comfortable is if I stand with an arched back, sticking out my chest.  I look like a goofball.

I'm jealous that my brother and his family are at my all time favorite place in the whole world right now.  They check into Eagle's Nest Hideaway tonight.  I was having a big pity party for myself today and was very guilty of the sin of envy.

So, as you can see, I was just having a crap kind of day.  And then as I pulled in my driveway, I saw this:


And, I laughed out loud.  This is our neighbor's cat.  He cracks me up every time I see him. He's the cul-de-sac cat.  He walks with his mom (we call her Virgin Mary) when she walks the dogs.  And, apparently, he's found a new nesting spot; on top of Steven's Jeep.


Thanks Cul-De-Sac Cat for taking away my Tuesday blues.

4 comments:

angie128 said...

And, thanks for my shoutout!

Cat on a jeep. Hilarious.

Grandma K said...

The evil envy does raise its ugly head, doesn't it. I've got a solution for the Fed-Ex error - it was anticipatory for the tight shoes.

sherri s. said...

Cul-de-Sac Cat...he needs his own theme song, like Gilligan's Island or the Brady Bunch.

I HATE days where every little thing goes awry...no one thing is big, but they all add up to a frown!

word: crulaysm (um, keeping it clean!)

My aunt was a devote believer in Crulaysm (they really loved Lay's potato chips).

Darla said...

Critters seem to take the "crap" out of the day, even for a little while...gotta love them!