Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What Is, Isn't?

I'm a middle of the night Hallucinator.


For example, about thirty minutes ago, I woke up and saw a hole in my bedroom ceiling.  I guess it was caused by wear and tear on the roof and the rain we had yesterday.   Next to that hole was a Barbie "mobile" that Steven had made, consisting of ten or so naked barbies.


Only, none of that was there.  The "hole: was a shadow thrown by a glass mobile I have hanging over my bed.  As for the Barbies?  I can't explain that one away.

I  don't know what causes these sightings.  I wear my contacts to bed, so it's not a lack of focus.  (Don't tell my eye doctor, I tell her I rest the at night!)  I'm thinking excitement or stress might contribute to it, as I'm now sitting here on the couch unable to sleep.

The ceiling fan is the central happening place for my hallucinations.  Earlier tonight, I woke to find our cat, Mikki, curled up on the lamp portion of the ceiling fan.  Uh huh.  I've also seen Eeyore on the ceiling, just above the fan. Over the years, various animals have rested in that spot just above the fan.  But not really.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol, eaten anything crazy, or taken some type of drug.  (illegal OR legal!)  I totally admit that I'm nuttier than a fruitcake.  But, Eeyore?  A Barbie Mobile?
 
Holy Mind Tricks Batman.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have middle of the night hallucinations all the time! Mine always occur in this little corner over our bedroom door. Never seen Eeyore, but I've seen a baby up there crawling around, and one time a horse was coming in and trying to eat grass? Hmmm. Glad to know I'm not alone in my nuttiness. I'll gladly be nuttier than a fruitcake with you, Ju!

mel said...

Woa.

Never this....but I do feel friendly ghosts come sit on my bed as I am dozing.

sherri s. said...

Oh, I have this too! It's always some weird shadow that I can never identify. Where do they come from (corners of our minds, hmmm?).

word: unbran

I like unbran cereal...it's generic cereal made of the most processed bits of the wheat. Yum! Paper bits with a sugar coating.