Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ode to a Nap

Oh Nap!  How I loveth thee.
I love thy sleepy hour of bliss.

Oh!  The dreams you induce.
Michael Jordan, french fries and puppies.

I loveth thee on a weekend.
I loveth thee on a Tuesday, or any day.

Nap, I can take you anywhere.
In the bed.  In the car.  On the couch.
Sometimes at work if I'm not careful.
Nod off.  Nod off.  Nod off.

Drool on the pillow...
Waking up disoriented.

I fight the evil scourge of not being able to sleep at night after a day with you.
I conquer. 
I awake, only to nap again.

Oh Nap!  How I loveth thee.


5 comments:

sherri s. said...

Amen, sistah! Love the nap...I love the spontaneous ones the best, on the couch, drifting off...aahhhh.

Various and Sunday said...

You're speaking my language. Many days I finish my workday and take myself a wee nap before getting into the evening. But, the Saturday nap is my favorite. I just crawl into the unmade bed with two cats and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I'm out for a few hours!

mel said...

Once again, you make me chuckle!

Colleen said...

Me thinks perhaps you should beith a poet!

Thanks for the poem as the husband is a big fan of nap (he is taking one as I type).

Grandma K said...

Never knew you were a poet!