Sunday, March 24, 2013

24 Hours of Good

Well, I sure had a great weekend.

It started off with a little bit of this


Yeah, the gals and Sir went and painted to celebrate a friend's birthday.  My peacock is so shy and demure - just like her creator. I have no idea where to hang this little lady, probably in my office.  It's starting to look like a gallery in there. Well, a sad little gallery, but you get the picture!  (pardon the pun!)




After painting and celebrating, we took off for Savannah to see some of this:




No, Steven wasn't picking fights with passersby, we spent Saturday with Jake!

Jake's girlfriend, Grace, has a sister who attends the Savannah College of Art and Design. They had a mini family reunion there this weekend.  They were kind enough to share Jake with us this and so we spent the day with him.




We met up at Mellow Mushroom, had some food and some beer and some giggles.  It was great to catch up, in person, and just spend the day relaxed and chit chatting.  These moments are so few and far between--it was just absolutely marvelous.




I love both my kids.  But I'm so lucky and happy that I also really like them as well.  Jake is funny, intelligent, compassionate and kind.  I am so proud of him and who he is and the beliefs he holds.  He's cute as can be and just so darn nice.

Savannah is such a lovely city.  It's similar to Charleston, but truly has its own personality.  Spending time there with Jake (and Grace for dinner!) was such a treat.  I went into the day thinking about all the good food I could eat, but once there, all I cared about was hanging out with Jake.  I actually forgot about food for a bit.  (just a bit now, don't be crazy out there)

I'm a happy lady today.


3 comments:

mel said...

That last picture is priceless, Juju. And I know your weekend was too. I am so happy for you!

angie128 said...

Good times.
Love the peacock.

sherri s. said...

Oh, how wonderful. As always, you're having fun--and wow, your children are so gorgeous (as are you!). I do love Sir being silly in that one photo...my husband won't smile when told to, but if you catch him off guard he has a perfectly lovely and adorable smile. I'm going to tell him to stick his tongue out instead...