Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Oldie but a Goodie



I really wanted to blog tonight. I thought about it all day. I came up with nothing. I even asked Steven for ideas. He reminded me that you can't force it. So, with that in mind, I'm not forcing it. But, I will share something that never needs forcing; a list of pet peeves. Are you like me? These are always easy to list!

  • I have DirectTV, and every night I am bombarded with the ads for "Mamma Mia," the movie. I get to hear the song over and over and see Meryl Streep jumping on this bed and then butcher the last line at the end of the commercial. (she says, "I should not have let you go" instead of, "I should have never let you go. ARGH)
  • People that throw cigarette butts out the car window. They don't want those stinky things in their car ashtray, but it's okay to throw it out into my world? I THINK NOT. Just once, I'd like to see a policeman sitting behind the driver that does this, so they could pull him over and give him one of those "$200 fine for littering" tickets.
  • Small paper clips.
  • Drivers with road rage. Drivers who constantly change lanes trying to get ahead. Drivers who talk on their cell phones to the point of distraction.
  • BLUE TOOTH EARPIECES.
  • Improper usage of "your" and "you're."

  • Randy Jackson on "American Idol." Greenlee on AMC. (although, she's now over the cliff) Vicki on "Real Housewives of Orange County." Victor Newman. Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo. Tom Brady. The Patriots. The Yankees.
  • Breaking a nail right after a manicure.
  • Rudeness, bigotry, prejudice, selfishness. (had to throw a serious one in there)
  • The Family Guy. (am I the only one in the world that doesn't like that show?)
  • Remakes of songs that should never be re-made. (Greatest Love of All, I will always love you, and Unforgettable. It should have never been a duet with Nat and Natalie)
  • Gum Poppers.
  • When Steven licks the lid of the yogurt/pudding container. Yeow!
  • The "swing out wide"(left) to turn right.
  • Trucks that drive through neighborhoods that say, "no trucks."
  • People that back into their parking space. (the only exception is at a concert where there is a lot of traffic upon leaving) WHY are they in such a hurry to get out of that space?
  • The flip flop sandal stickers people are posting on their cars these days.
  • I really get annoyed when my spacing screws up on my blog. How DO I get that right?
  • But more than any.. right now I hide when the FREECREDITREPORT.COM commercial comes on. The Renaissance Fair commercial makes my head spin. I even pulled the blanket over my head so as not to see it. That dude moves his head back and forth with this dumb little look on his face and it just makes me cringeeeeee.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man the Free Credit Report band rock!!!
-J

~Easy said...

Heh. I was with a cop one day who pulled a guy over and made him get out, and go back to pick up the cigarette butt.

(Oh, and you know me in real life, but when you figure it out don't say anything on Facebook.)