Saturday, February 7, 2009

WalMart, Dirty Cats, Bacon and Oysters

What a lovely weekend so far! After a particularly crappy week, it was nice to start the weekend on Thursday evening. We went to a new place, Pearlz. Pearlz is a little oyster bar, and the oysters were delicious! It was fun to see the soccer folks, eat some oysters, tuna, and have a couple oyster shooters!!
Friday was an adventure. Steven and I never go to WalMart. I've basically decided to boycott the place, and have been avoiding it for years. But, on Friday, we were heading out of town and needed to pick up just a few items. The dreaded WM was on the way out, so we figured we'd just give it a whirl. What a nightmare! The Goose Creek WM is filled with the ugliest people in all the world. I kid you not. Everyone was scowling and miserable. The lines were SO long. The parking lot was crazy. I felt like I was in a time warp. NEVER AGAIN. I will drive out of my way to never go there.
After that 30 minutes of hell, we drove to Columbia to spend the evening with M and L. L created this masterpiece entitled, "Bacon Explosion." He found this recipe on line, it's basically bacon wrapped in sausage and rolled into a roast-looking thing. It was a true work of art. It looked and tasted FANTASTIC. I do think I felt my arteries harden as I ate it.
And finally, DIRTY CATS. I should say, dirty CAT. We have a big fat white cat. I do mean big and I do mean fat. However, today he wasn't very white. He spent the day outside and must have decided it was a good idea to roll around in some dirt. He came inside covered in dirt and looking like a black cat. And, how does one clean a cat? Why, the vaccuum, of course!


This one just wanted to taste some of that Bacon Explosion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that bacon thing on CNN the other day. They were testing it at some southern restaurant. People seemed to like it even though they were a little worried about trying it.

-j

oh...we are going to Arizona for our vacation....Sedona and the Grand Canyon.