Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm a Junkie

ADDICT: someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"


Oh my gosh! I realized today that I have a problem. A serious problem. I am addicted to Reality TV. When I sit down and think about the shows I watch, and the schedule for watching them, I realize these people have overtaken my evenings.

I start on Monday with Dr. G, Medical Examiner. My night isn't complete until she's made the "Y Incision" and weighed the heart. I love hearing her whiny voice discuss the steps of the autopsy. I love how she gets this crinkled up nose when she's looking at body parts. But, I think I love most of all, the fact that she solves the mystery every single time.

Tuesday means Real Housewives of some area. It used to be Orange County, and now it's New York City. My gosh, I'm so involved in these crazy women's lives. Last night, I wanted to get on my computer and post on the Bravo website how NUTS that Kelly is. (Seriously, she's loony tunes!) I follow Bethenny on Twitter! I consider myself "Team Jill." PROBLEM.

Also on Tuesday, I watch American Idol, and all the craziness that involves. I know the contestant's names, their life stories and how much winning this competition means to them. I am proud to say, though, that I do not vote. Do I have still have some semblance of control? I'm not sure.

On Wednesday evenings it's MODEL night on Bronwen Court. I watch Tyra teach the young women how to become America's Next Top Model, and then follow that with Tyson making men and women into supermodels. Of course, I don't watch for the bitchiness, but the magic of the photography...I love seeing these funky looking kids turn out gorgeous photos.

The remainder of the week is spent watching DVR'd episodes, soccer on Saturdays and the Criminal Intent marathon on Sunday. I never see shows like, "The Office, " "30 Rock," "24," or "Lost." I watch TRUE crime shows. I watch Dateline, 20/20 and 48 Hours. I just can't get enough of REAL stories.

Now, do I embrace this addiction, or do I try to cure it? Hey, I thought of another reality show I love, "INTERVENTION..."