Sunday, April 19, 2009

Griffin's First Oyster Roast

I love me an oyster roast. I love hanging outside with friends and family and "oohing" over the great find inside the oyster shell. (I like mine medium sized, thank you!) I like big oyster roasts (example: Boone Hall Plantation has the biggest one in the Southeast) and I like em small. (anyone's backyard will do) I also have a new favorite-the two month old boy's first Oyster Roast.
Griffin Reaves was our guest of honor at our oyster roast Friday. His dad was in charge of cooking the oysters and the CRABLEGS (to die for). Thanks for all the hard work Larry.
Here we all are chomping down on some serious oysters. Note the baby being held by his mama. (in the red shirt)


Steven doesn't hold babies very often. But, Steven likes Larry a lot (think bromance) so he likes him some Griffin.

Jodi loves babies. So, Jodi loved Griffin. Griffin loved Jodi.


Look how hard Mary and Larry are concentrating on their oysters.
Rockett really wanted some oysters, but was content to lick things that fell on the ground. Taylor has been eating oysters since WAY back in the day.

Steven hates oysters. I love all food. And I love hanging with my friends. I'm very happy that Griffin chose our house for his first oyster roast. Look, I'm going to cry, I'm so happy.Mary and Larry are so proud of Griffin, as they should be. He was the hit of the Roast! (although the crab was a very close second)

Neil just loves oysters.

I love Jodi because she made this HoHo cake. I wish I hadn't asked what the ingredients were. CRISCO was mentioned.

I wish you all could have joined us. It was a great evening, filled with friends, fun and a little boy's first roadtrip adventures!

3 comments:

Mary said...

awesome post Ju!! Griff had a great time (he told us on the way home) and so did we!! Thanks for having us.

p.s. Those crablegs were somethin' else!

Jan, David, Rose and Grace said...

Crisco? Goooood. Ho Ho Cake? Even better. I must get a recipe!

sherri s. said...

Good grief--between that darling baby and Rockett!!!! (Tallulah Mae and Rockett should get together for some doggy shenanigans). And Crisco? Secret ingredient in my choco chip cookies (and my Grandma Betty's pie crust, too!).