Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Funnies

Let me just tell you how my day started.

I was in my bathtub, enjoying some bubbles, and I looked over at my toilet and it was so disgusting.  Seriously, it's probably as dirty as it has ever been.  So, as soon as I 'm out of that tub, I clean my toilets.  This was at 7:30 in the morning.  That is too early to clean a toilet. But, LAWD, it was time.

Then, I go to Dunkin Donuts to buy donuts for my office. Yeah, donut bribes go far in my world.  I'm feeling cocky and sassy as I also buy an iced coffee for our receptionist.  How nice I am!  How giving of me!  So what if this means I'm going to be late to the office.

I'm eating my bagel from DD and my phone rings.  It seems someone broke into our office building overnight.  Sigh.  I'm not there to handle it.  Yes, I have two dozen donuts, but still....

Nothing was taken, and no damage was done, other than the big plate glass window.  I guess one of the homeless folks just wanted to get inside for some reason.  We had the nicest police officer help us out (no, he didn't eat a donut) and Steven was kind enough to get the window boarded up so no other passersby would be temped to pop in for a sit.

I also dyed Steven's hair this evening.  Long story, and that's a whole blog in itself.  But, suffice it to say that I have no desire to be a hair stylist on a permanent basis.

Weird day, and it all started with my dirty toilet.

Oh, don't you love these M&M's?  My dear friend, Kristen, sent them to me.  They're  almost too cute to eat.  ALMOST.

And, was this wine not made with me in mind, or what??!!!

3 comments:

Grandma K said...

What a day! I wonder what would have happened had you NOT cleaned the toilet. Was that some kind of omen?

mel said...

I would like a picture of Steven as a blonde, please.

It took a long time in your story to get to those lovely m&ms. In many ways, they are the perfect food. :-)

I think you should take a long bath tonight so you can happily look at your clean toilet.

sherri s. said...

I know about toilets...I have a real knack for ignoring a less-than-spotless one until...EWWW. Hate to clean, especially bathrooms! (Hope my mom doesn't read this!). I agree with Mel about the M&Ms...love them with a passion.

word: trapar

I wanted to be a trapeze artist but had to settle for the trapar.