Monday, October 3, 2011

Oktoberfest!

I love October.  I think it's my favorite month of the year.  May is a close runner up, but October wins hands down. 

I know I'm not alone in this.  I've been hearing people remark how happy they are that October is here.  Just why do we all love October so much?  Well, I think it's....

Cooler Weather

Fire Pits

Sweaters

Boots

Not sweating profusely every time you step outside.


Halloween Candy!!


Oktoberfest Celebrations


Pumpkin Latte, Pumpkin Yogurt, Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin ANYTHING!  (well, except Pumpkin Pie.  Not a fan.)

Chili!


Kids in Costumes


 
 All that orange.




 Football, Baseball and Soccer.  All in the same month.



Wearing hats and scarves
Oh, did I mention that it's birthday month?

Leaves turning

Seeing your breath

Trick or Treat





(Pictures from the Oktoberfest held October 2nd at Blackbaud Stadium)








2 comments:

Grandma K said...

You nailed it!

sherri s. said...

Love fall, too (such as it is here--though it's actually raining here today! Wow...what is that wet stuff falling from the skies?). I'm going to post MY Oktoberfest photos later today!

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts for Miss Mae. She's doing fine, except the stitches must be starting to itch...the t-shirt was wet there when I came home this a.m. (but stitches/incision are still untouched by doggy teeth/tongue).

word: toili

My grandma was a wiz at crocheting--she once made us a giant toili for the front of the house (not really, but she could have!).