Monday, October 24, 2011

Three Annoying Things I Do, Two of Which Are Hurting the Planet

I complain a LOT about other people in the world and how annoying they are.  I'm now going to tell you a little secret.  I am pretty annoying myself. 

For one thing, I am physically incapable of closing doors and cupboard doors.  I don't know what my problem is with this?  I've had this bad habit for as long as I can remember.  My grandmother (the one with the yellow table) would always call me out on it.   Currently, the one that is the real challenge for me is our linen closet.  For some reason, I just hate closing that door.  I open it to get a towel, and will shut it most of the way, but for some reason, I just don't want to make that final "click" of the closure.  I got issues.

I'm a water runner.  I turn on the shower LONG before I enter it.  When washing dishes, I turn on the water and leave it running the whole time.  When I take a bubble bath, I leave the water running for the entire bath. The only time I turn off the water is when I'm brushing my teeth.  I mean, come ON!!!  I'm not a water waster!  I love the sound of the water running.  It calms me.  It's like white noise that takes away some of the dirty parts of the world.  I'm pretty sure this one is singlehandedly causing the drought in Texas.  (Sorry Grandma K!)

My third annoying habit is the fact that I turn all the lights on and leave them on.  Now, to be fair, I only seem to do this when getting ready for work in the morning.  I turn on the closet light, the bedroom light and the bathroom light.  Listen--I need as much light as humanly possible to get this body looking gorgeous on a daily basis.  (wink wink!)  I think this is the one that drives Steven the nuttiest.  He's constantly going behind me turning off the lights.  [note:  I think the fact that he goes behind me turning them off is eligible for an annoying trait?]  The electric company loves me, but I'm afraid some of the tree huggers in the world have me on their Most Wanted List.

I should probably work on being less annoying.  If not, my punishment might be getting locked up in a closet with no lights and no running water!  Eek!

What do you do that is annoying?



 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I watch teeny-bopper TV shows even when the kids aren't home. And I jump at the slightest sound. Both of these things freak my husband out.

SPT said...

I too leave cabs and drawers open and I too turn on the shower water too soon. What really erks me is if Aaron goes in and turns it off when I've turned it on to warm it up.

Hmmm.... what else? Well, I snore, but that can't be helped. And when we are running late or company is coming over I turn into a raging bitch.

angie128 said...

I never annoy anybody.

;)

Colleen said...

I suspect I have many annoying habits but my husband is kind enough not to point them out to me. One that comes to mind is putting the brake on when I am not driving the car.
I just found your blog through the Southerner in San Franciso blog and like you live in the Charleston area. You have a wonderful blog!

JuJu said...

KB-What type of teeny bopper shows? Are they the ones on the Disney channel?

Sandie-please hit Aaron the next time he turns off that water!

Ang-you are simply PERFECT!

And Colleen, helloooooooooo! High five to the fellow Charlestonian! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Grandma K said...

I WISH you leaving the water running was the cause of our drought here in Texas.

My annoying habits - too many to list!

sherri s. said...

I am sweetness and light personified! Actually, I am a tailgating (just a little bit! People sometimes drive too slowly), magazine hoarding, procrastinating worrier. I try to rein in all of those characteristics, with varying degrees of success. Fortunately, they annoy me more than they annoy anyone else--I think!

word: reath

I made the rong reath for my door--the Santa zombies didn't go over well with the neighbors.