Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Seriously

Before you do anything else in your life, I mean, anything, please go buy this book:


Once you purchase the book, pour yourself a glass of wine, make a little cheese plate and sit yourself in a comfy chair.  Because you are going to be there for awhile. Until you finish the book-while.

I started this book (audio version) last week. I have listened to it every time I was in the car.  I listened while in the bathtub, at the duck pond for lunch, in my bed with the soccer game playing in the background.

When I wasn't listening to it, I was thinking about it.  I was looking up reviews on line and reading about it.  I was totally 100% obsessing about it.


 
It's listed as a romance, but that's not really accurate.  It's something else completely.  Although this little snippet, "partner-ignoring compulsive" is 100% spot on.  Honestly people --- it is one of the best books I've ever read.

Today, I finished the book on my trip to Columbia.  I bawled the entire 90 miles to Columbia.  I want to hug Louisa.  I want to eat dinner at her house.   I still feel it as I sit there typing this.  This is one that will stay with me. 



What are you doing reading this silly blog?  Get thee to a bookstore.  You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

angie128 said...

Just finished my third book in the last week yesterday. Needed another one. Thanks for the recommendation. It's heading to the ol' kindle...

sherri s. said...

Wow, that's quite a recommendation! I've never even heard of these books or this author.

I'm just finishing "50 Shades of Grey"--NOT!!!!!

Grandma K said...

I love books that stay with you! Those are the ones you just don't want to end!