Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Randoms

I spoke to my grandmother today.  She sounded FANTASTIC.  I do believe the new living arrangement is making her feel better and live happier.  She giggled and called me, "dear."  That was the best.

*****

Taylor was in an accident yesterday.  She was driving on the interstate when her car hydroplaned.  She went off the road and knocked out the speed limit sign.  Thank goodness for the speed limit sign, as it kept her from ending up in oncoming traffic.  Her guardian angels were working overtime, as she was uninjured.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for her car....





I thank my lucky stars that she's okay.

*****

Robin Roberts is back on GMA today.  I am thrilled!  

*****

I attended a very sad funeral, Monday, for a co-worker's daughter.   All the folks from our Columbia office were in attendance.  It warmed my heart that everyone was there to support Elsie.   Hillary was her only child and her world.   My heart breaks for her. 

*****

Has anyone heard about this amazing woman?  Trust me, it's worth your time to watch this video.


Ida is my hero.  As is her daughter.

*****

Have you read, "Me Before You" yet?

*****

Our friend, Matt, is in Chile preparing to run an insane crazy race across the desert.  The race is held in March.  He writes a very interesting blog, and would love your support.  You can find him here.

*****

Do you watch the Academy Awards?  I used to.  I honestly don't know why I don't anymore.

*****

I'm still dieting.  I'm not sure I've ever dieted this long before.  I'm hoping I can continue with the good habits.  But MAN, am I craving some serious junk food.  The other night, I would have killed for a bag of Cheetos.  Note that I said a BAG of Cheetos, not just a handful.

*****

I'm still hoping for that quiet weekend with no plans.  Maybe in March?  Here's hoping folks.  Here's hoping.


 


6 comments:

mel said...

Thank heavens Taylor is OK, and thank you for sharing the video...I needed inspiration.

angie128 said...

Glad Taylor is ok.

I don't watch award shows. Ever.

I've got Me Before You queued up in the Kindle.

The end.

Grandma K said...

I am so glad Taylor is OK!

I do not watch the Academy Awards any more. In fact, we really don't even GO to the movies. We wait for them to come to us on cable (satellite or whatever)! So we haven't even seen the movies that are up for awards!

sherri s. said...

Oh, poor Taylor! Sooo glad she's safe. That's so scary.

I lived in LA for years where lots of folks have Oscar-watching parties, so it's become a habit; we always watch with a bottle of champagne. We're going to a marathon on Sat. of 5 of the Best Picture nominees (all in the same day--yikes!).

Colleen said...

I am glad that Taylor is okay! Proof that they do need to be those dividers up on the interstate!

I am trying to find the book for free to download on my Kindle....

Like you I used to watch the Acadamy Awards, Michael will probably watch part of it since I am working the dreaded over-nighter Sunday pm (YUCK!!!!).

Most of all (along with Taylor) I am so glad your Grandmother sounds good!!!

Have a fantastic Friday!!

Lap Dog Knits said...

ouch on the car...happy to hear she's fine..

been there .... five times..

what was I thinking with car keys?

academy awards..maybe?
I asked my cousin if she was going again this year (she's connected) and walked the red carpet...

not this year for her..so I'll be eating popcorn and watching in my jammies