Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Saturday

Yes, it's a happy day.  Today is little Griffin's first birthday, and in his honor, I will put plenty of pictures of him in this post.

Yes, most people would put cute pictures of him on here with his first bottle, bath, or even steps.  I am putting up pictures of him when he was in his mommy's tummy.  First off, it gives me a chance to post some pictures from our 2008 St. Croix trip, and second, his mommy's tummy rocks.  Happy Birthday Griffin, we love you!!

Yes, we went to a movie last night.  At a theatre.  On opening night.  It wasn't a matinee.  All that right there never happens in our world.  (exception:  we see all Harry Potter movies the day they premiere)  I remember now why we don't go to movies on opening night on a Friday night.  We went to see Shutter Island.  There was one really "funny guy" who had to shout out or make noises during the flick.  Dude, you ruined my movie experience.  Thanks.

Yes, I really enjoyed the men's figure skating final Thursday night.  I won't even attempt to spell everyone's name, but so happy for the American guy who won it.  You could see he felt so good about his performance.  And, so disappointed in the sour grapes that the Russian guy showed.  Tsk Tsk Mr. Russian Mullet Man.

Yes, the sun is shining today, and rumor has it the temperature is getting up into the 60's today.  I think we all need it. 

Yes, it's college baseball season time again.  My brother's team, the Missouri Tigers, lost in their opener 10-6.  It's going to be an interesting year, they have 20 new kids playing this year.  We are traveling to Auburn next weekend to see them play.

Yes, I'm still watching way too many Grey's Anatomy re-runs.  I've got a problem.

Yes, Taylor has a job interview on Tuesday.  FINGERS CROSSED.

Yes, I pulled the country, "Holland" for the World Cup Party. This means I get to dress up to represent the country.  Our friends are having a party on the day of the England v. USA game.  I know it's not until June 12, but I'm on the hunt for some wooden shoes.  Anyone?

Happy Saturday my blogging friends.  I hope your day is a great one!  xxx

4 comments:

sherri s. said...

I love your posts...you let us know what's really going on with you! BTW--Johnny Weir (cute and flamboyant American figure skater) wuz robbed! He got 6th place even though the dudes in 3rd and 4th place fell on their bums. Boo! (LOVE you calling Plushyenko "Mr. Russian Mullet Man"--I think he looks just like Woodstock from Peanuts.) I may be just a LITTLE obsessed with figure skating, hmmm?

mel said...

So, I have seen the pics and he is a real cutie, but who is Griffin and how did he come to be in your life?

JuJu said...

Griffin is the son of our dear friends Larry and Mary. (the ones we travel with!) He makes us all smile. :-)

JuJu said...

Sherri, I love me some Johhny Weir. Do you ever watch the reality show with him? I think it's on Sundance, HBO, or something like that. I'm going to look for it!
I thought he skated beautifully.

Are you psyched for the girls?