Thursday, February 25, 2010

Play Ball!

College baseball started up last weekend.  That means we're following games on the internet via Gamecast and hoping for a Missouri Tigers win.  We're listening on line and enjoying the play by play and the clink of the ball hitting the bat. 

It also means we're going to road trip to the nearest possible location to watch them play live.  For those of you who don't know, my brother is the head coach at the University of Missouri; he's in his 16th season there.  We were born and raised in a sporting family, and Tim carries on the tradition for us.

Each year, the Tigers have to play away from home for two or three weeks, until the snow thaws in the midwest.  In years past, we've watched them play in Florida a few times, and a couple times in South Carolina.  The beginning of the season is so exciting; there's so much possibility!  I love all of the season, but the start just seems extra good.

This weekend, we are heading to Auburn, Alabama.  (prepare for a blog post and pictures!)  I can't wait to see my brother, see his team, and cheer on the Tigers for the weekend.  The Missouri Tigers.  (not the Auburn Tigers!) 

And, the start of baseball means spring is right around the corner, right?  We're almost there!!

4 comments:

SPT said...

I dated a college ball player all throughout college and still have a very fond spot in my heart for the sport and players and coaches. If your brother is a college baseball coach then that just confirms that you are from good stock! But we already knew that!

angie128 said...

I am ready for some spring and a little baseball myself!

Do they have Ole Miss on their schedule? Maybe I could cat on down to Oxford to watch the game with you! Wouldn't that be beyond bloggy fun?!?!?

Also, that last picture of the team kneeling in prayer - with all the bats laying around - made me very, very sniffly.

I will cheer for the Missouri Tigers. I'm good at saying GO TIGERS! :)

mel said...

What impresses me the most is how much you and your honey do together.

JuJu said...

Oh Angie, I wish they were playing at Ole Miss again. I loved that little town!

Unfortunately, not this year. They go to Houston next weekend, and then back to the Midwest.

Sandie, what school?

Mel, he makes me laugh. :-)