Monday, February 15, 2010

We Are All Children at Heart

Folks, it just doesn't snow that often in Charleston, South Carolina.  I've lived here twenty years, and I've probably seen snow here two times?  So, when the forecast called for snow, and we were headed out of town, I was crushed!  I was going to miss the great snowfall of '10.  (believe me, that is what they will call it for years to come, and by the way, our little town of Goose Creek had six inches of snow!!)

We spent the long President's Day weekend at Lake Lure, North Carolina with two other couples.  Just before we got to the cabin, big old flakes started falling from the sky.  They continued as we shopped for last minute food items.  It stuck to the grass, pavement, and cabin deck as we unloaded our crap.  It started to accumulate as we Happy Houred and ate dinner.

And then it came time to play. 




Most houses in southern North Carolina don't have sleds or anything remotely resembling a sled.  But, have no fear.  We are a resourceful bunch.  (you might have to look a couple times to see Steven's sledding device...)


My mantra has always been, "where there's a will, there's a way..." 
(cookie sheets are so versatile!)



We all need a little push from a friend at times.



And the snow just kept falling. 



See?  We took pictures of it all night.  It just won't happen to any of us that often.



Everything just looks so darn pretty.

Well, except for THIS horrible thing below.  Yikes.



5 comments:

mel said...

Snow might as well be spelled Play. It is wonderful. So glad that you got some!

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! This is a crazy winter. Too cold here in Orlando.

angie128 said...

If I used Steven's sledding device, I'm sure my hiney would be stuck in that bucket forever.

PS - I want to come live with you because you are a Fun-Haver.

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend we had. It couldn't have been any better. Judi, I am so glad you planned that snow fall for us :)

-JC

sherri s. said...

Wow, fun! I hope some yummy cookies were baked before bums commandeered the cookie sheets...