Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baseball, Traditions and Bo Jackson

Oh, we had a great time in Auburn, Alabama! Tim's team went 2-1 for the weekend, and the young, and I do mean YOUNG, kids looked sharp and confident.  We enjoyed our dinners with brother, and took a quick peek around Auburn.  (it didn't take long, as it's a smalllllll town!)  The people were super friendly, and the campus was very pretty.


I love baseball tradition.  I love these socks the Tigers wore this weekend.



It's hard for Steven to sit still for a game, but I love sitting there watching the game unfold, inning by inning.  I love watching the team take the field, hopping over the chalk line in some superstitious ritual.  I love how pretty the green field looks.   I love listening to the fans, who are mostly parents of the players.  I love it when their sons do well.  And, my heart breaks for them when they struggle.



I love the fact that we were 'THERE' to see Bo Jackson, Gregg Olson, Tim Hudson and Frank Thomas inducted into the Auburn Wall of Fame.  Bo Jackson's speech was sweet and sincere; just like him.  I know you can't see him in this picture, but trust me, he was there.



I didn't love that it was so darn frigging cold in the shade.  And, we had the shade for most of the game on Saturday.  Here's proof in the pudding for you:



Brrrrrrrrrrr.  Even Steven was cold.  Thanks for driving me there Dear, and supporting the family business. 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun. Love the hat.
I did read Darla's last post, not good. I left a short message and tried to give her a little support. She feels alone. Something happened with her friends. I hope she comes back, maybe after a break and she makes changes in her life.

angie128 said...

Totally dig that hat.

I checked the schedule and sadly, your bro's team isn't coming anywhere near my zip code. Bah.

SPT said...

Wow! That is a big field with lots of seating. I was picturing a smaller school like where I went. Such fun!

Sherri said...

Cute hat! Lined with tinfoil? Ha!