Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween For Mel

Happy Halloween Everyone!  It's that time of year when we take a look back at all the freaks who came before us.  This year's post has a theme:  Freaky A$$ Pumpkins.



 We begin our journey with this young man who appears to be wearing lipstick.  (Ruby Red?)  He doesn't seem to notice the strange light emitting from the pumpkin's mouth, or the ghost creeping up behind him.  I can almost understand that, but how in the world is he missing that strange little cat with the large head and tiny body?



 We then move on to what looks to be rather dumb witch checking out the heart nosed pumpkin.  What is it with these pumpkins having strange mists erupting from their insides?  And, did this pumpkin see an orthodontist, because his teeth are awfully straight.
 Let's stand inside a pumpkin and make out!  Yeah!  
And, these creepy looking dudes can dance around us.  Yeah!




Not only is that the ugliest looking kid I've ever seen, but feathers on a pumpkin?



I sure would be hating to sit down to dinner with this guy as the centerpiece.  Not only does he have that strange stuff rising from his innards, but he has witches and devils flying around his head.  And, is he covering up a cake?  Don't even get me started on the teeth...


*******************************************

This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Mel.  Mel loves these holiday posts.  She and her family were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy.  This is just my way of telling her that she is in my thoughts and prayers.  Love you Mel.

5 comments:

Grandma K said...

Those are so cute!

sherri s. said...

Oh how I love these posts of yours! Sooooo funny! While I love these vintage images, one DOES wonder WHAT the artists were thinking? Have sensibilities changed that much in the past 100 or so years? I guess so!

James A. Martin said...

Love this collection of pumpkin illustrations. Two questions: How on Earth did you find these? And did you post them on Pinterest? This is the kind of stuff the Pinterest crowd devours.

JuJu said...

Jim, all I do is google vintage holiday cards. There are some real freaky ones out there, let me tell you!!

I do have a Pinterest, but haven't figured out how to master it. I'm intimidated!

mel said...

Yay yay yay!! almost a month late but I saw this post today and laughed and laughed! So happy that thanksgiving is next week for more, more, more!

Love ya, jujubee.