Saturday, October 13, 2012

Whew! What a Great Week!



My birthday fell on Wednesday of this week.  For the last seven days, I've been celebrating in one form or another.  I could get used to this, let me tell you!

I feel so darn loved.  That's been the best part of my birthday, having so many wonderful people remember me and wish me happiness.

Sir showered me with lots of Missouri goodies and 49 tulips.  I'm so old now, that my flowers don't fit into one vase, they need two!!

I've had some great sushi, won at Bingo, had lunch bought for me from coworkers, and a snack day to enjoy with the other October birthday gals. I'm proud of myself for not over indulging, but still enjoying the treats of the week.  (no cake this year, but I'm fine with that!)

It's great to get that birthday card (with a check enclosed!) from my grandmother.  I mean, hello, I'm 49 years old and still getting cards from Grandma Miki. 

With that check, I bought myself something bright, blue and shiny.  I can't wait to tell you about it in my next post.

But, for now, I have to go get ready for the last celebration of the week, And after that, begins the countdown to 50.  Holy Moly.  






2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday week!

50 is a piece of cake!!

sherri s. said...

You're a queen--the Queen's birthday celebration is always a week long! I'm glad you had a happy one...I'm only a few months away from five-o!