Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can anyone measure up?



I wish this were my couch. Well, not really, look at that middle leg. I think if I sat on it, that thing would crumble in a heartbeat. But, I do love the color and the lines. I guess the cushions look a tad bit flat, but let's just pretend it's really comfortable. Okay, now that we've done all that, WHY a picture of a couch you ask? Remember, I am going to be spending a lot of time on the couch for the next few months. In case you didn't read yesterday's blog, let me catch you up. I got sucked into American Idol again.


*SO* to Johnny, who gave me a great idea. He suggested I update my blog with any worthy performances. So, that I plan to do. Then, I thought to myself, all I'm going to do throughout the season is compare all these contestants to David Cook. Thus, the birth of a series. Will anyone be able to catch my eye (and heart) like DC? Oh, I highly doubt it. I'll start with last night. You ready?


No one even came CLOSE. Granted, it's still the horrible audition rounds, but only one person piqued my interest. The person I found interesting was Asa Barnes. He's a middle school band director. This guy deserves a break, and he his voice was pleasant and IN TUNE. (So many of these yahoos sing out of tune.) He made it through to Hollywood, so I'm hoping for good things for him. Other than him, it was boring and the same old same old. And, I don't think I like the new judge, but I'll reserve comments for later.


Now, if you need a little reminder about what these people need to live up to, here's a couple links to some DC:














1 comment:

Mary said...

oh DC. Not sure you will find another love like him although I am feeling good about Asa. And there was another chick with great shoes and a kick-ass voice. She was a Mom of 3 I think and living in a hotel after a tornado? We'll see. Now that I don't have school and am fat, I may be sucked in right along with you. We can blog about it.....