Sunday, January 11, 2009

SHOUT OUT

Whoever invented the weekend needs to be thanked. So, here's my first shout out (SO) of the night. Thank you to the weekend inventor.

Actually, the first SO should go to Dusti. She inspired me to give SO's. Thanks to Dusti and Johnny for a wonderful evening of food and games. Johnny cooked us a delightful steak pie, sausage rolls, potatoes and some glorious cheese. We played a great game of 80's trivia. The boys won. I'm still trying to figure out how they did it. I'm sure they cheated, but I can't figure out how... (just kidding!) Be sure to check out Dusti's blog, she has much better details and pics on the fun evening.

The second SO has to go to HASBRO Games. They are the makers of Scrabble. We had great fun playing Scrabble in the mountains with Larry and Mary. So, we decided to get our own board this weekend. We took a trip to Barnes and Noble and purchased the ONYX edition. It sure is pretty. It also rotates, has black tiles and its own scorepad. Unfortunately, it didn't make me any smarter. Steven kicked my ass in three games straight. I wonder how long it will take me to beat him.


My words are all the ones with low point totals, or three letters. Oh well, at least it was fun! Now I need to learn all the two letter words accepted by the Scrabble Dictionary. Apparently, there are 102 of them.

Another SO to Pixar. Taylor and I watched Wall-E again today. She and I had seen the movie at the theatre and enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's a sweet movie and very well done. It's amazing how a movie with such little dialogue can say so much.

As always, I have to give a SO to the Pioneer Woman. I made her lasagna last night. It was delicious, and like all of her recipes, can probably feed a small army. She has the best recipes and they are the most fun to make.

My final SO is to Taylor and Steven. I was lucky enough to get to spend some good time with both of them this weekend. I know that most 16 year olds don't want to get near their parents, so I'm very grateful that I get the time I do. And, even if Steven did kick my booty, it was still a great weekend. I hope yours was as well!

2 comments:

JC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Posh scrabble board.
-j