Monday, January 5, 2009

Combining Good Things



This little glorious green thing might be one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. I love the taste of an avocado. I love it with salt and pepper on it. I love it squished up, combined with garlic and pepper, and eaten with Santitas. I love it on sandwiches. (especially with tomato and mayo!) I love it in the morning, noon and night. I even enjoy cutting it open. When ripe, a knife slips through it so easily. Then, you can get the seed out and there is the magical inside waiting to be eaten. YUM.
The other BEST food in the whole world (with the exception of CREAM CHEESE) is the baguette. That crunchy outer crust and the soft inner taste is to DIE FOR. (please excuse my Valley Girl speak, I'm just so excited about the baguette.) Like the avocado, the baguette can be eaten in many different ways. Let me list a few of them for you: toast, topped with alouette, colby cheese, swiss almond cheese, feta cheese & olive oil, mozarella cheese and tomato, pimento cheese spread, etc etc!!
I enjoy a bit of butter, garlic salt and parmesan cheese on the bread, then baked in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Well, tonight, I had a plate of cut up avocado, and some of the above mentioned lovely little baguette slices siting side by side. Something urged me to combine the two. And, oh, it was BLISS! Honestly, it was such a great taste. The taste combination is a new classic (think PBJ, beer and pretzels, fish and chips!) and I hope you will try it. It was groovalicious!
****Side note: I'm so happy it's 2009. That means no more Ferrero Rocher commercials driving my household batty.***

No comments: