Friday, January 30, 2009

Sumpin Good




Some days at work just stink. Today was one of those days. But, now it's over, it's FRIDAY and I just listened to one of my all time favorite songs. (more on that to follow)


Did you ever think how hard it is to list only "10 All Time Favorite Songs?" Steven and I try to do this all the time, but never seem to be able to. He's named his top three, but I can't even narrow it down to that! But, I've decided that as some of these songs come to my mind, I will share it with the world. The best part about doing this is taking the time to listen, again, to these songs that make me happy.


Today's song is "Touch" by Jonny Lang. This is the first JL song I ever heard. A few years ago, we had just bought XM Radio and were driving to work. (see how much this song affected me? I can still remember that!) Anyway, we were right by Sunoco when I heard this. We were listening to the Starbucks channel, and I looked at the screen to see WHO this was singing. WHAT a song. His voice and the lyrics speak about desire in a way that hits the nail on the head. I rushed out to buy the cd and have since become addicted to JL and enjoy his music and concerts ALMOST as much as DMB. I love many of his songs, but this one will always be special, as it's the first one I heard.


We are going to see JL in concert in Jacksonville in February. I can't wait. Until then, enjoy this lovely ditty. Hang in there to the end, it's worth it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top songs huh.....I really like that song 99 Red Balloons by that German chick Nena :)

Anonymous said...

No Superbowl post?