Monday, January 26, 2009

Cheese, Glorious Cheese!



I love cheese. I love soft cheese, hard cheese, strong cheeses, mild cheeses. I love CREAM CHEESE. I love grilled cheese sandwiches. I love cheese on toast. I love macaroni and cheese. I love cheese cubes, cheese balls, shredded cheese, hunks of cheese, Cheetos, Cheez-Its, String Cheese and Squirt Cheese. I love VELVEETA cheese.




Am I being redundant?




I might have a new favorite cheese though. We were at a friend's house recently, and they served an aged Gouda. Dusti bought it at Whole Foods, so I headed there last week. I had never been in Whole Foods, so when I entered, it was a bit overwhelming. I kind of imagine that might be what Heaven is like? Anyway, their cheese counter is wonderful! I would have liked to purchase one of everything. I left with a bit of five year old Gouda. Can I tell you that this might be the best cheese ever? According to Dusti, I need to try the Dutch Parrano next. I can't wait to get back to Whole Foods to buy it. I might just dive into the cheese and never leave.






I do have one thing to admit. There is one cheese I don't like, and I just discovered this fact today. Me and this holey little fella just don't like each other. I have tried it over the years, and I just can't make myself like it. I have nothing against his holes. (thinking of a mouse eating this cheese is the only thing that really is appealing) It just doesn't do it for me. I am sorry. I have nothing against the Swiss, or holes. But, I just can't put this cheese on my love list.
But that aged Gouda? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Dusti said...

I like swiss cheese.
My favorite cheeses are probably dutch parrano and that cheese from Whole Foods with cranberries in it. mmm. also, aged white cheddar like the kind I bought a big hunk of in England. mmm. Blue cheese/gorgonzola are my third place favorites. Port wine cheese balls, fourth. Brie is good too. yum. smoked gouda, double yum. I could go on.

Hmmmm....maybe we should have a cheese party! invite people and they bring a cheese or two! Fun!

Mary said...

Can I please come to this cheese party? I just went digging through the fridge after reading this and found some Gouda and some muenster. That aged Gouda you brought was the yummiest and that other stuff with the cranberries rocked too! But Machego still takes the top for me!

So, cheese party soon ladies?!?!