Friday, November 12, 2010

Puttin' on a Move

We received the Urban Outfitters Catalog in the mail today.  Look at all the happy trendy people on the cover:



As I flipped through the catalog, it was evident they were gearing toward the holidays and family get-togethers.  This made me feel happy since I'm getting to spend the holidays with my family this year.  I'm feeling the warm fuzzies, looking at all the young happy beautiful people.  They're wearing fun hats, chunky sweaters, really cool shoes and lots of plaid.  Their hair is tousled, and many look like they just rolled out of bed.  But, they are gorgeous and on the cusp of fashion.

And, then I turn to this page:


Uh, helloooooooooooooooooo?  What ad man (or woman?) came up with this one?  Didn't we all see this in high school?  Huh.  Apparently, this move will now sell sweaters.


Who'da thunk it?

2 comments:

sherri s. said...

Just. Yuck.

word: celypet

Celypets are all the rage this holiday season. It's a piece of celery with mold growing on it in the shape of a man's beard. Fun!

Pete said...

hehe, that's game