Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beware Of........

Please remind me that on mornings when I step in cat crap to start the day, that the day is probably gonna be a real stinker.

Yes, our oldest cat, Bailey, has taken to pooping in the bathroom.  More specifically, the bath tub.  This morning, I was wakened by the lovely perfume of cat pooh.  I went to clean it up, saw the poop in the tub and walked over to clean it.   Then SQUISH.  Ewwwwwww.  Right between my toes.  He left me a little gift just outside the tub. 

At this point, I should have just gone back to bed, pulled the covers over my head, and called it a day.  The universe was giving me a sign.  But noooooooo.  I had to keep on going.

DUMB MOVE.

The rest of my day was filled with problems of all sorts.   Our Columbia office is closed due to snow.  The phones were acting up due to snow.  My boss was grumpy because of the snow and the phones.  The people in our office all seemed to have something going on, and the stress level was HIGH.  It was freezing cold all day long.  I didn't wear enough clothes to work.  There was no lettuce for Steven's tacos.  I burned the taco shells in the toaster oven.  (black smoke emanating from the toaster oven folks)  Daughter is sick. 

I think this winter thing is starting to get to everyone.  In an effort to remind myself, and everyone else, that it won't be long before we're sweating off our patooties, here's a picture of me on the absolute hottest day of 2010. 

At least I didn't step in cat s&*t that day.
Hang in there babies!  Summer's Coming.

3 comments:

sherri s. said...

I love that mosaic of JuJuNess--a great screen saver, I think! And stepping in animal poo with bare feet is the worst. I once babysat a dog who, unbeknownst to me, had diarrhea in the night (very quietly, I might add!). I got up to pee and walked through more than one pile before I realized. It haunts me to this day!

word: cousce

No, I didn't order couscous--I ordered cousce (with cilantro). [Why do I always come up with food sentences?! Hmmm...]

angie128 said...

Ick to the cat poo.

But that picture is great.

Today WILL be better.

mel said...

That picture just screams 1940s to me - I love it.

My Siberian Husky once vomited during the night and then came over to lick my face to tell me about it.

Coolest word: diterro

When Jacques said he wanted to eat a chocolate souffle, I just said 'Dittero,man'.