Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

(supplemented with pictures from our dinner at Matt and Kelly's house)

I am officially the laziest person on the planet.  I am sitting here looking at dust in my house and doing nothing about it.  Well, I'm a bit grossed out by it, but that's all I'm doing.  It's not enough to get me off the couch or anything.

Look at this plate of food I had last night:



And in case you are wondering, yes I ate it all.  (Okay, I didn't eat the lamb, but I did try it.  I'm just not much of a lamb eater.)

I watched 10 minutes of an old "Charlie's Angels" episode last night.  I used to love that show as a kid.  But oh man!  It was so bad.  Bosley argued with a chicken girl that he wanted BREASTS not legs.  He must have said BREASTS about ten times.  Innuendo Much?

I think, no, I'm SURE that I was the only person at the dinner party last night who watched ten minutes of Charlie's Angels yesterday.

That HeelTastic commercial is grossing me out more and more.  That old lady's heels are enough to make me bring up a little bit of sick.

It's painfully obvious that I'm watching too much TV of late.

Meet Huxley, my little (!) friend from the dinner:  (so nice, you get it twice!)



Yes.  I snuck him a piece of chicken.


Speaking of chicken, Kelly made a Guinness chicken.  I don't know the recipe, but it involved sticking a can of Guinness Beer up the chicken's rear end?  It was quite tasty.  I've never made a whole chicken before.  The bones intimidate me.


Knock on Wood:  Bailey hasn't pooped in the bathtub for about 24 hours now.

Apparently I had a good hair day yesterday.  I received many nice compliments.  I'm not very gracious with accepting compliments.  I'm much better at getting teased.

My floors need to be mopped too.

Matt's mom was in town from England.   Kelly's mom was here from Georgetown, SC.  I think I've seen Matt's mom more times than I've seen Kelly's mom.  I find that ironic.


Matt, Kelly and I all have the same hairdresser.

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, my weekend was pretty boring.

At least I didn't get into a fist fight with oven mitts.

3 comments:

mel said...

Hey - I want a picture of your lovely hair!

I love this post - and I love that you can look at dust and floors and not get up to do anything. I DREAM of being you!

PS, tho - those kids of stumpy dog's tails give me the willies. There is something just not quite right about that....

angie128 said...

That Huxley doggie is a cutie.

And I used to LOVE Charlie's Angels. Connie and I used to play it all the time. I wanted Farrah hair.

sherri s. said...

Love that dog! What a great face...Tallulah Mae is not allowed anything from the table, alas. Rather than think you had a lazy weekend, think about it as a "relaxing and rejuvenating" weekend, yes?

word? suraq

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are expecting a son and will name him Suraq (to go along with Suri). [BTW: I loathe Tom Cruise...can't even watch a movie with him in it! Katie I can take or leave, but I did enjoy me some Dawson's Creek! (Team Pacey all the way!)]