Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thoughts Compiled While Traveling To and Fro

One day a week, I travel to work in our Columbia office.  Lately, Taylor has been joining me on the drive.  (Her boyfriend lives in Columbia, she's not looking for Mommy time or anything)  Some of the things that have gone through this pea brain of mine....

So glad Taylor can drive, so I can relax (translation:  sleep) on the way home.

The drive between Charleston and Columbia is seriously the most boring stretch of road on the planet.

There's actually a Rush Limbaugh billboard that states, "Saving your morals."  Huh?

There are WAY too many memorial crosses on this highway; meaning WAY too many people have lost their lives.

We are seeing Prince in concert tomorrow night.  Yeah, that has nothing to do with the drive, but it's on my mind.

Saw a great bumper sticker today:  Do you follow Jesus this closely? 

I can go about 90 miles on my bladder. 

They play Katy Perry a lot on the radio. 

Why is the a/c in the car always too cold?

Way too many people ride in the left lane.

I love Prince, but don't enjoy the song, "Purple Rain."  I figure I'll be the only one at the show not enjoying that song.

How did we ever survive without cruise control?

Whenever I go to Columbia, I feel like I'm on a mini vacation.

I do enjoy the smiley face made out of rocks/flowers on the side of the road.

Should I wear purple to the concert?  Do I even own anything purple?

I love my sun roof.

I am amazed how quickly I fall asleep when riding in the car. (note, I say riding not driving!)

Even if Taylor is really only going with me to see Damon, I'm still enjoying the time together.

I wonder who's taller, me or Prince?  I guess it depends on who has the higher heels.

3 comments:

mel said...

You are such a delightful JuJuBee.

sherri s. said...

I love these thoughty posts of yours...I can't remember my thoughts from one moment to the next. AND Prince?! Wow! That's purty cool, as the girl on Saturday Night Live says when she imitates Miley Cyrus (have you seen it? It's funny!).

word: namploc

I knew I was at the 99 Cents store when the Ziploc bags were called Namploc bags instead.

angie128 said...

Oh I love me some Prince!