Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Advantage Takers

Warning:  Woman on a Rant

We went to Olive Garden for dinner this evening.  (disclaimer:  this isn't my favorite restaurant, but in our little corner of the world, we don't have many Italian restaurants from which to choose, so OG it is!)

Now, to be fair, the last time we were there, I had a very tasty ravioli dish. As it turns out, that was a short term item.  We placed our order with the waitress who was wearing the same foundation they put on corpses, and settled in to wait for those yummy breadsticks and salad.

It was at this point that I noticed two women next to us.  They seemed to be consuming a lot of food.  I figured out that they were eating the "Endless Pasta Bowl."   Between them they consumed A LOT of food.  I didn't know how they were going to digest it all, but that's none of my beeswax.


But then, they ordered more.  And when the waiter brought the food they asked for to-go boxes.  The proceeded to box up their latest order, along with eight breadsticks.  (Yes, I counted)  They also took to-go drinks, and I'm guessing there was to-go salad in that big Olive Garden shopping bag.  They paid for one meal, and ate enough/took out enough to feed a small country.

I understand the concept of the doggy bag.  I get the carry out or the take out option.  But, I feel what these gals did bordered on gluttony, and just down right selfishness.  It really bugged me.  I felt they really pushed the limits.  I started thinking they must do this everywhere they go.  They probably put IHOP out of business on the all-you-can-eat-pancake nights.  Golden Corral must lock their doors when they come into view.  Argh!

Eight Breadsticks People.  EIGHT.

Rant Ended.

1 comment:

miscellane-ash said...

i can't decide whether to lmao or say 'argh' with you...either way, i think i peed a little! i don't understand the thought process of people at times. is it bad that i hope they're miserable now & all out of pepto? :) loves...