Sunday, September 13, 2009

Days 2 and 3, or Man, I'm Beat!

There won't be any pictures in this blog tonight. I have a limited amount of time on the internet and just wanted to share some of our adventures. I have plenty of pictures to share, but will need more than 60 minutes at the price of 10 Euros. So, here's a condensed version of my last two days...

Found Irish Pub to watch English Soccer. While in Portugal.

Said Pub had my favorite cider on tap: Strongbow. Again, in the middle of Portugal, an English Cider in an Irish Pub.

Watched the football all day. Made friends with Luis and heard many funny stories.

Stayed way too long at the Irish Pub with the English Cider in the middle of Portugal.

All day adventure today in Lisbon. We saw a palace with small beds and loads of really ugly royals. (from many centuries ago) We ate lunch at a lovely restaurant next to the sea. (spinach soup anyone? BLECH) We went to visit the ruins of a Moorish Castle. LOTS OF WALKING.

Tonight, we went to the Sporting Lisbon soccer game. Great stadium, good fans, and I heard the loudest whistles ever. Also, saw some REAL bad cheerleaders.

Ordered my dinner, paid for it, picked it up with no clue what I was saying, or what they were saying. For the record, everything was correct.

And, now, time to sleeeeeep. We head to Porto tomorrow, many more adventures to come!!

And, BTW, this is my 100th post. Awwwwwwwwww.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast.
-Johnny

JuJu said...

Johnny, we wanted to text you from the pub. As soon as I saw the Strongbow tap, I thought of you! :-)

Jan, David, Rose and Grace said...

Can you smuggle that little pup back home with you?