Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Man and His Two Dogs



I am a dog lover. When we travel, I miss my animals like crazy. So, whenever we see other animals, it's always a treat for both Steven and myself.



While in Porto, we were sitting at an outdoor cafe and caught sight of this gentleman and his two dogs. One dog was a big old hairy thing who loved the water. His master would throw sticks in the water for him over and over. He would jump in the water and swim for the stick each time. He wouldn't always find the stick, but he sure made an effort. There was also a smaller caramel colored dog who didn't care for the water very much. Oh, he'd get right to the edge and threaten to jump in, but always chickened out. Master would gently toss him in and fish him out if he seemed to struggle. Oh, how we enjoyed watching this.



But, then it got better. Master, big dog and little dog sat out in the sun to dry off. Big dog flopped down on the cement and rolled over and over. Little dog flopped on the bench next to Master and rolled over and over. Never once did they attempt to walk away from Master. They didn't bark at passers by. (of which there were many)







Well, being the responsible blogger that I am, (ha!), I felt I had to get closer to these little fellas. We strolled through a few shops and then came upon them. They were once again chasing sticks in the water, Master had to keep the little guy in check. These dogs gave me some good chuckles that day in Porto. I hope they bring a smile to your day!


(and, hey, Master wasn't so bad on the eyes either!!)









2 comments:

mel said...

Master's looking pretty yummy...
The dogs are cute too!

Sherri said...

Meowww....