Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Two Day Checklist

Folks, we leave for Portugal in just two days. In 48 hours, our plane will be en route to Lisbon. (please, oh please, don't let us get seats stuck in the middle of the plane!) We are in the final countdown phase around these parts. I'm running out of time, and in order to accomplish all that I need to, I will now combine my final list of to do's/dones and blogging in one!!


I am one of those people who packs for weeks before the actual event. I really drag this sucker out. I start making lists, then refining the list, and putting things aside for the "real" packing. (By the way, all this really does is lead to mass confusion and more stress) Hopefully, THIS will be one of my last lists.


Passport? Check! It's out of its safe spot. Now I just need to remember to have it "on my person." Easier said than done. We've left home twice without proper identification in the past. Wow, does THAT ever shoot the old stress level through the roof!


Travel Size Items Purchased? Check! That is one of my favorite parts of traveling, heading to Target and buying miniature items to put into my train case. This trip's favorite item thus far: a miniature lint roller! (our animal hair tends to travel with us)


Animals de-flead? Check! We have five animals in our house, and therefore we are constantly giving flea medicine. Since we are having housesitter/petsitters, we thought it only polite to try to minimize the problem.


Clean house for housesitter/petsitter? Half Check? Will it ever be really clean? I did clean the gross thing near my sink that holds the sponge, scrub brush and Handi-Wipe. I figure that's the nicest thing I could have done.


Type out addresses for post cards? Check! This is one of my favorite things to do while traveling. So, if you want a postcard, send me your addy!


Help Taylor with her first college paper? Check! It's not really travel preparation, but it needed to be done.


Make sure all prescriptions are filled and will last until we get back? Check! Check! Check! Check! I am NOT having any "accidents" or "miracles." :-)


Count the number of days we'll be gone and pack bras and undies accordingly? NOT YET!


Purchased enough books for a winter hibernation and no way will I read them all in a week? Check!


Gathered up enough chargers, power cords, and small electronics to run a third world country? Check!


Wake up at 3am and start thinking about everything, feel excited and not be able to fall back to sleep? Check!


Look at animals over and over, then feel guilty about leaving them? Check!


Buy book of Portugese phrases that we'll probably never use? Check!


Ready for fun and adventure? CHECK!!!!!

5 comments:

mel said...

You are too funny!
You will have a wonderful time! Have some great meals for me, especially deserts. I can't believe I will need to go a week without one of your blogs.

JuJu said...

Oh Mel, I'm TAKING my computer. I can't live without my blogging buddies, blogging, or facebook! :-)

Sherri said...

Wow...how exotique! Have a marvelous time. Portuguese is such an interesting language...can't wait to hear all the details of the trip!

angie128 said...

I love love love getting ready for a trip. Even though it totally stresses me out. I got all excited just reading about your "to-do's".

Have a great trip! Take lots of pics cause we will want to hear all about it when you get back!

JenGreenwell said...

hahaha! I pack the same way!!
I would love a postcard!
2900 Wilmot
Apt 3
Columbia, SC 29205

I hope you have a most excellent adventure and can't wait for pictures!!
xo