Saturday, September 12, 2009

Other than stinking, day one was great!


Ola! Oi! That's all I've got. That means hello and hi in Portuguese. I've also learned that I was saying thank you incorrectly most of the day. Well, I was saying it right, but you have to use a different version depending on the sex of the person you're saying it to. Sheesh. Stupid American.


Highlights so far:


Gorgeous hotel

NO HUMIDITY

Tons of statues
The roast beef at dinner. Oh, and the cheese, and the bread, and the butter. Good butter. (jan!!)


Sleeping for 12 hours


Day 2 starts now!

Here's a few pix to tide you over:

6 comments:

mel said...

Enjoy your adventure!

Tracy Morris said...

Have a fantabulous time!!

angie128 said...

Glad you got there safely.

Can't wait to see all the great pics you will share with us. Love them so far. Keep 'em coming. I'm living vicariously through you!

Have fun!

sherri s. said...

WHAT are those little tarty-looking things?! I must eat one, right now, whatever it is! Gorgeous photos.

JuJu said...

It's so good to "talk" with you all. I wish I could put each one of you in my suitcase.
I'm hoping for more updates tomorrow when we get settled in our new city!

Brandy WK said...

Okay, so you had me at cheese. Although the sleeping for 12 hours sounds great, too. Funny...you can have/do both of those things here at home. No wonder I don't go anywhere. Ha-ha. Hope you're having an awesome time, Judi. We'll need some "couch time" to chat all about it after you get back. :-)