Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer 2009

One of the reasons I've always enjoyed Labor Day weekend, besides that automatic day off work, is that it signals the end of the long hot summer. While, I enjoy summertime, I'm always ready for the temperatures to cool off, and for life to get "back to normal." (whatever that is?)


This summer was busy, busy, busy! I felt like we were on the go, more often than not. Before the sunburn fades, and the wrinkles appear, let's re-visit some of the highlights!



Steven and I traveled to Oxford, Mississippi to watch the Missouri Tigers play in the NCAA Baseball Regional. Highlight: Dinner after game 2 with all the family, and our lovely self portraits.




Mike and Rose and Angela Jackson come to visit from St. Louis. Highlight: The whole visit!



Steven's birthday. Highlight: The High School Musical Cake.




Taylor's graduation. Highlight: Taylor graduated! Come on!!!



Vacation in Clearwater, Florida with the whole gang. Highlight: Well, too many to narrow it down to one, so I'll list: sunsets at 8:30, Domino's, that great tent that shaded us from the sun, jumping in the pool after the walk from the beach, Larry's sushi, crab legs, family dinner every night, giggling.




Taylor's birthday. Highlight: That guacamole at Taco Boy!



4th of July spent in the mountains with Johnny and Dusti. Highlight: Ohhhh, I can still feel the cool temperatures. We left 90+ degrees and high humidity and spent the weekend with lovely friends and cool temps. It was heavenly!



Larry's birthday. Highlight: PW Burgers and fun!



Will's wedding in Florence, where Steven took pictures. Highlight: This may have been the hottest wedding ever. (think outdoors in SC at the peak of summertime) Now, picture the ice cold beer I had just after the wedding ceremony. THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT of the summer, I do believe...



Mike, Tracy and Aiden come visit for a long weekend. Highlight: The giggling!


Brother & Family visit to the beach. Highlight: What else? Margaritas and the Wii Bowling Tournament!



The Boys visit from England. Highlight: Seeing Steven's smile. Oh, and probably those crab legs.






And, now, here we are, we made it! We survived and lived another summer. When I look back on this, I realize why I take all the naps I do. I'm pooped people!


Thanks for living (and re-living!) it with me!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad we got to be there for so many of these fun summertime happenings. This was a great summer!!

mel said...

Such a perfect summer with so many loved ones! Thanks for sharing it all, JuJu.